Wednesday 25 March 2020

Dancing while under the apocalypse

Nothing is normal.

25.03.2020 Home exile from the universe day 10.

It's beautiful and sunny, it's been sunny all week actually it's like nature is laughing but I'll take it. I wake up with the sun streaming into the bedroom, very bright and early but also nice.

Yesterday I did laundry and was able to hang outside for the first time this year but I should have checked the line because I managed to get 1/4 of it full of clothes when it broke. So the next 10 minutes were spent fixing it and hauling it back up. I was doing this and thinking ha ha I learned this technique sailing on tall ships. It is weird the skills that come in handy. Anyway the laundry went out, and it dried ( it was windy as fuck yesterday so also really cold) 

Some people asked me to make officer hats which gives me hope that things may go back to some sort of normal and I got asked by a friend to illustrate a story she wrote and it sound like a fun project. In between the game playing ( I'm in the middle of a second go at Subnautica.) and the laundry I'm poodling about upstairs sorting and cleaning.

I feel all loose endish, sort of wander from project to project but don't settle. Try to limit the amount of news I watch / read/ listen to because it's in equal amounts, sad, frustrating and incredulous and none of that in any sort of good way. We really get to see who the good leaders on the world are and who the shite ones are. Nothing shows true colours more than adversity. Are you a dick or are you compassionate? choose wisely.

I am grateful for many things, friends, family, the internet, books, art, modern medicine and so on. Tiny things we take for granted every single day.




Today I am grateful for the sunny morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tales from the dark side...