Sunday 4 September 2011

star wars....

Rumi ( made by Steph guarding the unedited manuscript of DOTE and a short story waiting to be hand bound.

This is Rumi, he was a gift from Steph. ( thank you so much )

I'm almost done with the big edit of my crazy assed star wars fanfic Daughter of the Empire book 1 (okay it's a  novel) and then it goes to Steph to be groomed for grammar etc...before being uploaded somewhere for download. I am hoping it will be in decent PDF format and that people could read it on the e-readers if possible.

 
Hand made greetings cards by Kirsten and a bookplate signed by Timothy Zahn.

There has been a LOT of kerfuffle lately about the leaked changes to Star Wars on the new blue ray disks. Personally that while yes GL can do what he pleases to his art at the same time I don't have to be pleased with what he does. I do not think it will ruin or rape my childhood memories and saying shit like that is lame. But it will make me think LONG and HARD about spending money on Star Wars stuff I don't necessarily want.
I do, as an artist, find it weird and sad that he cannot seem to let go and that he doesn't really know when to stop. Yes I know it's his stuff but this is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I don't read a lot of star wars fiction any more because quite frankly I find it badly written, poorly thought out tripe.
I will buy books by T. Zahn but sometimes even he disappoints. ( or at least confuses ).

me in my Tatooine day wear


in the end I love star wars.

But just because I love something doesn't mean I give up my opinions either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tales from the dark side...