Monday 13 December 2010

Personal space



My studio is a large room in the center back of the house. The windows look out on to the lake and the view is gorgeous. This is the room that looks like a junk dealer moved in and stored all his stuff. I have a lot of stuff because you never know when you might need something to make stuff with, paint with create something or anything. I am a collector. I am a magpie. I like shiny things and I really, really like boxes.

My favourite box is sitting on the shelf in this picture. It smells like linseed oil and it was given to me by one of my very best friends. I don't keep much in it, but what is tehre is precious to me.

All the paintings on the wall are significant and have meaning as well.  There is a story behind each and every one of them. I hang them where I can see them because they inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

tales from the dark side...